You may be surprised how many diapers you need for a diaper cake! Get tips and ideas for making your own diaper cake with this helpful guide.
Checkout this video:
What is a diaper cake?
A diaper cake is a tiered cake made from rolled and folded diapers. Diaper cakes are often decorated with toys, ribbons, and other baby items. They are commonly given to new parents as a gift at baby showers, although they can also be purchased commercially.
The number of diapers you need for a diaper cake depends on the size of the cake and the size of the diapers you are using. For example, if you are using standard sized diapers, you will need approximately 48 diapers for a 3-tiered cake and 72 diapers for a 4-tiered cake. If you are using smaller sized diapers, you will need less. You can always ask the person hosting the baby shower how many diapers they would like you to use so that they can give you an accurate estimate.
How many diapers do you need for a diaper cake?
A diaper cake is a cake made out of diapers. The most important part of making a diaper cake is to make sure you have enough diapers. The last thing you want is to be short on diapers and have to go to the store in the middle of making your cake. So, how many diapers do you need for a diaper cake?
For a small cake…
You will need about 48 diapers for a small cake, 72 for a medium cake, and 96 for a large cake.
For a medium cake…
You will need between 54 and 72 size 3 diapers for a medium cake.
For a large cake…
For a large cake, you’ll need about 100 diapers, a cake pan, and some ribbon. You can find all of these items at your local craft store. To make the cake, simply stack the diapers in the cake pan and tie them together with the ribbon.
How to make a diaper cake
You will need:
-3 rubber bands
-A cake pan
-A cake board
-A sharp knife
-A pen or marker
-A cake topper (optional)
1. Begin by rolling each diaper individually into a tight cylinder. Secure each with a rubber band.
2. Arrange the rolled diapers in the cake pan, using more or less depending on the size of your pan. The number of diapers you use will determine the size of your cake.
3. Once you have the desired number of diapers in your pan, secure them together with another rubber band around the outside of the pan.
4. Use the knife to cut a hole in the center of the top layer of diapers, making sure not to cut through the rubber band beneath it.
5. Fit the cake board onto the top of the cake, centering it over the hole you just cut.
6. Wrap ribbon around the edge of the board, securing it with tape or hot glue.
7. Decorate your cake as desired, using ribbon, bows, flowers, or other embellishments. You can also top your cake with a small toy or stuffed animal.